Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Begining




My kids with the Holy Family. What more could you ask for.
So I'm a convert to the faith. I was raised with a sense that their was a God and He loved me and if I wanted to go to heaven I had to be a good girl and say I was sorry when I wasn't. Pretty cut and dry. I was taught that there were some "churches" that taught bad things and they were to be avoided. The biggest one mentioned at my house was the Catholic Church, along with a few others I'll leave out. I even told a friend in high school I was sorry for him that he had to be Catholic. Fast forward to senior year and in enters a new guy. I fell for him like a brick. In fact when we decided to be 'boyfriend and girlfriend' after 2 weeks of dating I told him I wanted to marry him and have his babies. Talk about premenition. I found out later he was Catholic. Not just a C and E Catholic (thats easter and christmas only church goer) but one that was in the process of really getting to know his faith and living it. We had issues. I still have the note where I wrote that my kids would not be raised Catholic and that could be a problem. I recently found out he almost ended the relationship at that point. Boy am I glad he didn't. I started to go to church with him after a year kicking and screaming. Still I went. It was when we decided to get married that I really had to think about what I wanted. RCIA (Religious Ed. for adults) soon followed. The things I learned took my breath away. No matter how hard I was on our priest he was ready and willing to answer my questions with out pause. I joined Christs' Church soon after.
Fast forward 13 years. I am a Catholic Homeschooler. I use only Catholic Curriculum. I teach my kids about their faith every day. I am doing what I can to end the tragady of abortion in our world. I am fighting for the poor and neglected through prayer until a time comes when I can be out there in the world phycially doing something. Most of all I am striving to be Christ to not only my husband, children, family and friends, but also to the nameless faces I see in this world.
Well I suppose thats enough for an opening.

No comments: