Friday, February 22, 2008

Gods Gift

I suffer from anxiety. Not being on any medications while pregnant was a nerve wracking idea to me. However baby comes first always in my book. So far so good. I have noticed some of my old symptoms showing their face every now and again but I must admit God has been giving me little gifts. Most days, not all, I experience these moments of elation or euphoria. These moments almost always have to do with my kids (other times its that hunk of a husband of mine). These moments remind me of why I absolutely love having a ton of kids and am madly in love with homeschooling them. This is a long way to travel for me in many ways. There can be so much guilt as a parent in every decision we make. I am very versed in beating myself up about it. And yet these little gifts from God, these moments of what I think must be a taste of the joy He finds in us, revive me. They give me endurance and determination. My job has so many requirements but the most important of them all and the one I strive for everyday is to love my kids like God would want me to.

Smile at your kids. Smile at them with the knowledge of how much Christ loves them let them see that love in your face.

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Sounds like your doing pretty good...keep your chin up and and a smile on your face! :)