Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Schedules,,,,,,Hmmmmm

Yup, schedules. This seems to be a problem and a solution to most of the other homeschool moms I know. Who, Where, When, and the big one, HOW.
So far this schedule seems to work pretty good for us. Of course some days are better than others. For some reason I can't quite seem to follow the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" philosophy. I always think there must be a better way. There is still to much not being done. Or at the very least a little more that could be added. This years major challenge has been homeschooling so many different grades and giving everybody all the time they need with me. I am constantly called away to a dirty dish or messy floor. Don't forget the crying baby or a toddler who wants to read a story. It is hard. Sometimes I forget that I am not alone in this. God is my partner in all of this. He called me to this vocation because he new I could handle it, why would he leave me high and dry. He is right next to me waiting for me to ask for help. I must remember to ask for help. ( a bit of a fault of mine) So I will not erase my schedule to only confuse my poor children more. I will merely be more attentive in helping them stay on it. The dishes will just have to wait a little while longer. The baby will sit in the sling and the toddler can paint me a master piece.

1 comment:

asliceofsmithlife said...

Hi Kelli,

I'm following your other blog, you have 2? But, I don't see a follow button on this "little way" blog. I love your blog name. I have a story to tell you one day about St. Therese in my life...
Thanks for commenting on my blog giveaway and I can so relate to your "schedules" post! Chat with you soon! God bless! Tracy