Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday

For me Good Friday has always been both the saddest and happiest day of the year.
At church today we will read the Passion of Christ and the entire assembly will participate. Then Father and the alter boys will bring down our rather large crucifix and place it at the front of the church. One by one each person in the church will line up and kiss the feet of Christ on that crucifix. Every year without fail I want to weep and wail like the woman at Calvary did. I want to stomp my feet and fall prostrate in front of His most holy cross and cry out, " Why Lord why did they have to do this to you? Please let me wipe your face as Veronica did. Let me pull you down from that cross and wrap you in my arms like your sweet mother did." Alas, this was Gods will. That one should die for the sake of many.
Christ has given us all a most precious gift. This is a gift like no other we will receive. Like no gift could ever compare too. His love for us is boundless. His desire to rest next to Him in heaven for all eternity made His passion worth all of our sinful souls. Come to Christ today. Rest in His unending love. Find comfort in the peace that only He can offer.

May the Peace of Christ be with you and may you take the time today to walk with Christ to Calvary.

No comments: